Our involvement in Samoa
Our role in the Pacific is more than just providing banking and financial services. It's about being part of the stability and security of a sound financial system, playing an integral role in the local economy and contributing to the social and environmental well-being of local communities.
Sponsorships and community involvement
- Samoa Rugby Union
- Children's Ward at the National Hospital
- South Pacific Business Development Awards
- Rotaract Club of Apia
- The Teuila Festival and Samoa Tourism Authority
- Samoa Victims Support Group and Red Cross of Samoa
- Rotary 5000 - proactive health screening and National Kidney Foundation of Samoa
- Miss Samoa Pageant and The Tiapapata Art Centre
- Mapuifagalele Home for the Elderly
- Samoa National Council of Disabilities and Loto Taumafai Disabled School
- Special Needs Children's Sports Day and Special Olympics - Samoan Team
- Samoa International Game Fishing Association and Samoa Netball Association
Westpac in the community
Our employees are eligible to take one Community Volunteering Leave day each year. In practical terms, they have helped by participating in various 'Clean Up' campaigns in the local area.
As Australia's first bank and one of the most sustainable banks in the world, we recognise that we have a role to play to help local communities better manage their money.
In 2008 we launched Financial First Steps - our financial literacy workshops for school students and community groups. They're run by our trained local employees and teach participants basic money management and budgeting skills.
Since then, we have expanded the number and type of workshops on offer to now also include Business Basics, Money Basics and Introduction to Financial Management.
The Westpac Women's Education Grants and primary school scholarships
These Grants offer 10 high school/secondary college girls the opportunity to continue their education through a $1,000 Grant.
We also award up to 35 school children with full scholarships each year.
Old PCs put to good use
Westpac Bank Samoa donates old personal computers that have been reconditioned to select community organisations and charities.
Our sustainability performance
Being part of The Westpac Group, means we are also members of - or signatories to - a number of multi-stakeholder and international organisations and agreements dedicated to raising corporate responsibility performance.
Like to know more?
To find out about our sponsorships and community involvement activities, contact Shannon Yam on (685) 66178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org